Friday, February 15, 2013

Institutional Review Board (IRB) Human Subjects Office Hours

Colleagues, Sam Snyder, my counterpart in the College of Education, shared this with his colleagues in  his college. I know that this will be very helpful to our college as well. Please feel free to visit Deb Paxton during her office hours in Poe to ask anything at all about human subjects research. Of course, you can contact the IRB at any time, and if you have general questions please ask me as well (Sam and I are co-chairs of the IRB).

Once again NC State Regulatory Compliance Administrator Deb Paxton will be holding "IRB office hours" in Poe Hall.  Deb is available for walk-in traffic or by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays from about 4:20 until about 5:20 in room 530.
This is a real opportunity for residents of Poe Hall and nearby buildings to talk through those IRB issues that can slow the review of your proposal, so I encourage you to take good advantage.