Friday, November 16, 2018

A Note on Funding Opportunities

In the past seven years, our College has experienced substantial growth in interdisciplinary research. Given this impressive record of growth in interdisciplinary scholarship, I am going to slightly change the way in which I distribute information on funding opportunities.In the past, I have "curated" the announcements that I have shared to target those opportunities that would be of greatest interest to disciplines in our College. In do so, I may have failed to share opportunities that would be of interest to your colleagues in other disciplines, and this may result in losing opportunities for developing new collaborations or building on existing ones. With this in mind, I will in the future distribute all the Funding Opportunity News items I receive from the University level, and will ask you to review these for opportunities that are most relevant to your work. 

If nothing else, I think you will find the range of opportunities that are shared across the University to be interesting. As always, if you have any questions about any of these opportunities, please feel free to contact me or the Research Office staff at any time.